Re: annotate plots to map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 11:28:57 MDT

Dear Xin Xi,

You are correct, gsn_add_annotation is a function you need to use in order to attach plots to other plots.

To add little map plots as "annotations" of a bigger map, and then draw a line between them, please see example 7 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/annotate.shtml#ex7

I'll try to come up with a bar chart example that also has lines. Are you actually drawing histograms, or bar charts? There's a difference:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/bar.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/histo.shtml

--Mary