Re: Map + histogram

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 12:58:00 MDT

Hi Louis,

Another way to do it, if you need the two plots to "stay" with the map plot, is to use gsn_add_annotation to attach the two plots as annotations of the map.

I created a "dummy" example. See example 6 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/annotate.shtml#ex6

The basic premise is to create the three plots, making them all small enough to fit on the page together, and then attach them with:

;---Resources for adding xy1/xy2 to base_map.
  amres = True
  amres@amJust = "CenterLeft"

  amres@amParallelPosF = -1.15 ; Left side
  amres@amOrthogonalPosF = -0.4 ; Almost halfway up

;---Attach first XY plot
  amid1 = gsn_add_annotation(base_map,xy1,amres)

  amres@amOrthogonalPosF = 0.4 ; Almost halfway down

;---Attach second XY plot
  amid2 = gsn_add_annotation(base_map,xy2,amres)
--Mary